The American Legion Auxiliary has one great purpose: "to contribute to the
accomplishment of the aims and purposes of The American Legion."
WHO CAN JOIN?
You can join the Auxiliary if you are:
- The mother, grandmother, wife, sister, daughter, granddaughter,
great-granddaughter, or grandmother of a current
member of The American Legion.
- A female veteran who served during any of the conflicts
- A female member of The American Legion. (Yes, female veterans
can join under their own term of service without belonging to
The American Legion and can definitely be a member of both if
- The mother, wife, sister, daughter, granddaughter,
great-granddaughter, or grandmother of a deceased veteran who
served during any of the conflicts listed below.
- Eligibility also applies to step-relatives
World War I
World War II
Persian Gulf War
April 6, 1917 - November 11, 1918
December 7, 1941 - December 31, 1946
June 25, 1950 - January 31, 1955
February 28, 1961 - May 7, 1975
July 31, 1984 - August 24, 1989
December 20, 1989 - January 31, 1990
August 2, 1990 to date of cessation of hostilities as
determined by the Government of the United States.
HOW DO YOU JOIN?
Contact the Department Secretary, by
phone, mail, or e-mail.