2021 Department Convention
The 2021 Department Annual Convention will be held June 9 – 13, 2021, at the North Raleigh Hilton, 3415 Wake Forest Rd, Raleigh, NC.
Reservations can be made by calling, 1-800-445-8667 or online at www.hilton.com
Raleigh North Hills, group code ALNC
Room rates are $107 plus tax, single or double.
The cutoff for rooms is extended to at this rate is May 18, 2021.
Please contact Department Headquarters with any concerns with your reservations.
Additional Convention Guidelines:
1. Masks will be required for all attendees in the public areas and meeting rooms at the hotel.
2. Social distancing will also be mandatory. Guidelines will be updated as the Governor eases restrictions in NC. Right now, meeting rooms will only allow 50% occupancy.
3. Be sure to get a copy of the convention schedule at
the Legion registration desk upon arrival as there may be last minute updates on meeting room and time changes as well as updates on Covid procedures.
The following awards will be selected:
• Legionnaire of the Year
• Community Service Award
• Service to God and Country
• Children and Youth Narrative
• Children and Youth Service Award
• Post Law and Order Award
• There are other awards based on the Consolidated Post Reports, so be sure to submit before June 1. CPR deadline is May 31st, 2021.
Forms are available online or by calling Department Headquarters.
PULL TABS: DO NOT BRING PULL TABS TO THE CONVENTION. WE DO NOT HAVE THE STORAGE OR THE MANPOWER IN A COVID RESTRICTED ENVIRONMENT TO MOVE THEM.
- TAKE TO YOUR LOCAL RECYCLER OR RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE
- BRING YOUR POUNDAGE AMOUNT AND MONIES TO CONVENTION FOR POST CREDIT.
- FY21-1-DC Establishment of Department Finance Commission
- FY21-3-DC Reduction of Seats on Standing Commissions and Committees
Convention Delegate Certification:
The Department Constitution requires that all Post Officers, Delegates, and Alternates to the Department Convention shall be elected annually at a Post meeting held not more than 45 days prior to the Department Convention and that all Post Officers, Post Delegates and Alternates to the Department Convention shall be certified to the Department Headquarters not more than 30 days and not less than 10 days prior to the Department Convention, certification to be made on forms furnished or prescribed by the Department. Delegates and Alternates to the Department Convention must be certified to the Department Headquarters not less than 10 days prior to the Department Convention regardless of whether their registration fee is paid in advance or not. In order to vote, each and every Post in the Department must comply with this requirement and be sure to certify their Department Convention Delegates and Alternates.
NOTE: as passed at the 2014 convention, this form must be completed and received at Department Headquarters no later than June 1, 2021. Postmark date will no longer be used.
The Department Judge Advocate has ruled that in order for a delegate or alternate to vote at the convention, the person’s name must be on the original Certification Form submitted to Department Headquarters, and no changes may be made later than June 1, 2021. Also, you may only list as many alternates as you are authorized delegates.
DEPT OF NORTH CAROLINA
Mail: PO Box 26657
Raleigh, NC 27611-6657
Office: 2940 Falstaff Rd.
Raleigh, NC 27611
Phone: (919) 832-7506
Fax: (919) 832-6428
Tierian "Randy" Cash
Programs & Digital Media